Mechanical Design Engineer - Plastic Moulded Packaging Solutions - Up to Circa £40k (negotiable DOE) - Leicester
The business is a global player in plastic and metal packaging components across multiple markets. Through investment and growth the business is about to go through a very exciting period for the Leicester operation. The business is in the process of creating an international advanced development hub which will include the implementation of advanced 3D printing and CMM technology. The investment into the development hub has created several Design orientated vacancies and will see the site supporting customer's, sales teams and manufacturing units globally.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer in the team you will be responsible for product development from concept to design across a number of projects at any one time ranging from existing product improvement to new product development. Most products are manufactured through plastic moulding processes so experience of moulding including specifying and approving tooling would really help.
Key activities in the work will include:
- Responsible for generation and delivery of concept and manufacturing design definitions, based on technical specifications, requirements and other constraints
- Responsible for the conceptual development (marketing needs, spec, concept, prove concept, prototype, validate and test, make production tools, validate tools, sign off tools and production) for new product development (using V modelling principles)
- Participate in developing and maintain relevant engineering processes and procedures
- Support the identification of business opportunities
- Problem solving on existing products and product improvement
- Responsible for evaluating technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan and budget (managing a number of projects at any one time)
- Preparation and deliver of progress reports against project plans
- Responsible for liaising with suppliers in the Far East
- To work alongside the customer on new and existing product development ensuring delivery of solutions to meet the customer's requirements
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas; develop skills and capabilities and supply support and expertise to others as required (including supporting the development of the newly appointed design engineer as required)
To be part of this exciting phase of the companies development you will need to demonstrate a capability in taking products from concept to production, ideally with experience of applying FMEA and DFM. We are seeking a degree qualified mechanical engineer however other routes to qualification will be considered.
To apply please click the apply now button t submit your CV to Jonathan Lee Recruitment.