Mechanical Design Engineer - Abingdon - Permanent
A Mechanical Design Engineer experienced designing machine accessories and retro-fit parts for equipment and automation is required to join an Oxfordshire based organisation who are at the forefront of research and development within the hydrophobic nano coatings industry on a global platform.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer you shall be responsible for identifying and solving problems related to production processes, equipment, and manufacturability whilst developing machine accessories and retro-fits, for both current and new equipment and automation. There is an immediate plan to take the company's manufacturing equipment to the next level, improving performance and efficiency to ensure machines, and accessories are developed to the highest standard to so they can be seamlessly transferred to the manufacturing team and customer sites.
For the role of Mechanical Engineer you must have the following attributes:
- Previous experience within a design function
- Strong SolidWorks design capability
- An extensive knowledge of a wide range of materials and manufacturing processes
- An understanding of machining, plastic injection moulding or stamping would be advantageous
- 'Cradle to grave' development experience, with exposure to supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- BOM creation and management
- Design calculations and the application of advanced simulation / CAE techniques is advantageous but not essential
Interviews for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible.
For further information on the position of Mechanical Design Engineer please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114 or e-mail