A specialist, an innovator and a market leader in their chosen field. Employing over 14,000 professionals in over 40 countries worldwide. Our client are at the forefront of 4IR as a manufacturer and supplier of a number of high precision and high value machine, devices and services used in both professional, research and every day life settings.
Due to ongoing and sustained success, an opening for an experienced and quality Mechanical Design Engineer has arisen. This projects as a career defining opportunity for the right candidate to join a genuine market leader who will reward dedication, self-motivation and excellent performance with empowerment in your role to shape the design outlook of the company as well as benefit from an excellent employee package and earning potential.
Proactively delivering innovative designs, quality improvements, cost reductions and lead time reductions in standard and application specific products. Working within a team ensuring products, customer projects and strategic business objectives are delivered to quality standards, on time and within budget.
- Preparation of design proposals for bespoke applications
- Preparation of conceptual designs and rendered images
- Develop, maintain and amend engineering design drawings using 2D and 3D software packages.
- Contribute to new product design, reducing costs and lead times by investigating and implementing new design techniques and manufacturing processes
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessments and advising safe methods of work
- Responsible for ensuring designs meet required regulatory compliance, CE compliance, Machinery Directives, LVD, etc.
- Preparation of technical quotations
- Plan and organise own daily & weekly workload to ensure delivery of project milestones and longer-term strategic business objectives
- Prepare product test and validation documents.
- Implement Engineering Changes accurately within required timescales
- Participate in and recommend continuous improvement activities
- Liaise with other departments to efficiently and effectively resolve problems
- Promote, improve and maintain appropriate quality systems during the design process.
- Ensure safety, health and environment is inherent in all projects.
Required qualifications or experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferable) or electrical engineering related discipline, or HNC/HND with relevant industry experience
- Some form of formal training in Health & Safety
- Previous experience with batch assembly methods in production of equipment or machinery with mechanical parts would be desirable
- Experience in design engineering within a low or medium volume production environment or instrumentation industry
- Design Change Management process knowledge
- Some experience of 2D & 3D design techniques - training will be provided
- Experience of AutoCAD, Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor (preferred)
- IT Literate (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of fabrication, welding, sand/die casting, vacuum forming processes would be desirable
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Knowledge of Conveyor systems/Material Handling systems would be highly advantageous
If you feel that you have the skill level and are ready for the next step in your career as a Mechanical Design Engineer then we would like to hear from you. For more information, please 'apply' or contact Colin Reeves, Automation & Robotics Consultant on 01384 446121.