Negotiable Depending on Experience
Mechanical Design Engineer
Specialist Test Applications
Salary negotiable dependant on experience
Are you proficient in Solidworks and interested in a role providing support and assistance for Mechanical Design operations, including procurement, scheduling and performance of Mechanical Design services on customer sites or at company premises?
You will be joining an expanding team offering a wealth of test machine design and development experience, a consultancy offering an end to end service across a diverse range of industries from Aerospace/Pharmaceutical/Automotive and Nuclear.
The key objectives of this Mechanical Design Engineer role will be:
- Defining and producing 2D and 3D mechanical drawings through to full manufacturing models with 3D Solidworks CAD Design Software, producing details of specifications and outlining designs for production purposes to the required customer specification
- Discussing and solving technical design issues and queries with production departments, suppliers and customers.
- Ensuring all technical documentation and information produced is filed and maintained correctly in accordance with company procedures and processes.
- The ability to support mechanical assembly of products to specifications.
Core responsibilities for this Mechanical Design Engineer role will include;
- To demonstrate a willingness to perform other tasks outside of main objectives or direct responsibilities
- Supporting change management activities within the organisation, adapting well to new challenges in any area of the workplace
- Producing accurate written documentation for internal and external business purposes, with relevant and precise information
- Filing and storing written documentation correctly, in line with Company procedures
- Communicating accurate information to appropriate person or department in a timely manner
- Engaging in discussions and offers suggestions and solutions to improve business processes
- Proactively approaching staff to clarify information and resolve issues
- Collaborating with other departments and teams, including other internal companies where necessary and sharing knowledge to support business activities
- To work with customers to interpret their requirements and translate them into a commercially and technically viable solutions
- To carry out researching parts and materials for new applications, sourcing suppliers and talking to the technical departments to ensure the parts or materials will be suitable for the proposed applications.
Knowledge and Skills requirements for this role will include:
- Interpreting customer specifications
- The ability to define and produce mechanical designs through to full manufacturing models and drawings using 3D CAD software
- A strong knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic circuits, components and assembly
- A good working knowledge of main Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Outlook/Teams, Solidworks.
- A good level of numeracy and ability to think logically
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety at work regulations
If keen to learn more about this role please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com for more information
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.