£30k - 35k per year
3 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 to £35,000 plus benefits
A fast-paced manufacturing company are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be HNC/HND qualified within mechanical engineering. You will have experience of designing equipment supplied into the food processing, FMCG and pharmaceutical manufacturing markets.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Designing products from initial concept through to detail design using SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Using existing standardised designs as a basis for configured products.
- Using FEA simulation and manual calculations to verify design requirements.
- Specifying technical information for purchasing and manufacture.
- Producing detail drawings for manufacture using SolidWorks
- Using the company ERP software to generate bills of materials and related documentation for purchasing and manufacture.
An exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer with the following.
- HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of five years’ experience using 3D CAD.
- A background of designing sheet-metal and welded structural fabrications.
- Knowledge working with electric motor drives. Pneumatic and hydraulic drive knowledge an advantage
- Experience using simulation/calculations for design and development purposes.
If you are a Mechanical Design Engineer with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.