Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary Range: £25.00 - £28.00 per hour
Hours: 8:30 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday
8:30 - 13:30 Friday
12-month contract position working for a leading tier 1 supplier within the construction equipment, aerospace, commercial vehicles and rail sector.
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required with knowledge of producing accurate mechanical design and manufacturing data. On time and on cost, using 3D CAD (solidworks). Candidates with experience of Solidworks would be well received.
Due to maternity cover this client based in Birmingham requires a dynamic, leading Mechanical Design Engineer on a 12-month contract basis. As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Take individual responsibility for the generation of mechanical design ideas to fulfil customer and business expectations with products which are suited to manufacture at the Birmingham manufacturing facility.
- Use Solidworks to mechanically design new and existing products
- Be a key member of a cross-functional team taking the lead role in the early stages of the company's APQP NPI programme.
- To ensure long term product safety and reliability by contributing to validation and test programme development.
- To explore the advantages of using modern materials, processes and design techniques.
- Producing accurate design and manufacturing data on time and on cost.
The Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level (typically mechanical, manufacturing or industrial design disciplines).
- Experienced beyond graduation within a manufacturing company or industrial design practice.
- 3D CAD (Solidworks a distinct advantage)
- Working design projects within an APQP framework
- Working with test engineers to develop validation techniques and programmes
- Modern manufacturing techniques and processes
- Direct customer interface
- Some electrical experience an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of designing mechanical or electrical products within the construction equipment, aerospace, banking systems, commercial vehicles and rail sector. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based manufacturing company will offer you:
- Fixed term 12-month Contract Position
- 35 hour working week
- £25.00 - £28.00 per hour
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of mechanical design and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the mechanical design engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116