Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Halesowen, West Midlands
Industry/Sector: Precision Engineering
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a UK based specialist manufacturer of materials handling equipment, operating within a number of niche sectors including fabrication and precision engineering. This is a varied and challenging role working on cradle to grave design projects for an expanding company where no 2 projects are the same. You will create and evolve the designs for our core product range to meet ongoing market requirements.
The role of Mechanical Design Engineer will include the following:
- Working directly with customers on technical issues
- Generate job cost estimates for use in sales quotes to customers
- Generate prototype models of new designs and products
- The primary role is to evolve current product designs to meet immediate customer specific needs
- Generate 3D models from existing hand drawings and 2D AutoCAD designs
- Design enhancements to the current product range
- Creation and managing product BOMs, operations and job record cards
- All-round process improvements to Design and Manufacture business units
The suitable candidate for Mechanical Design Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- To take responsibility for design decisions and technical delivery
- Be a "thinker" and not just a "do-er"
- Technical Qualification (Mechanical) - ONC/HNC or Higher (pref degree)
- CAD (Solidworks) design experience, specifically in Machinery, inc FEA
- End to end process experience: Estimating, outline design, detailed design, assembly, test, support & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and CAM
- DFMA and running of design review meetings
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of materials handling and special purpose machinery and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .