Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Halesowen, West Midlands
Industry/Sector: Steel Processing Industry
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Based in Halesowen in the West Midlands, our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a global supplier of steel and aluminium processing lines. Due to an increased order book our client requires an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to lead the design of complex and specialist machinery for suppliers of ferrous and non-ferrous strip.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is keen to utilise their knowledge and experience of 3D modelling in an innovative, progressive and global organisation. The Mechanical Design Engineer role is an autonomous role with the scope to lead design innovation on large, complex engineering projects.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required:
- To design equipment in 2D & 3D format
- To produce detail drawings and bills of material
- To undertake calculations to support or prove the design.
- To liaise technically with other companies forming part of the project. e.g. oven, pneumatic,
hydraulic, manufacturing suppliers.
- To visit suppliers and customers when necessary.
- To work on site as required.
The Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Expert in using 3D modelling software, preferably Solidworks (other packages may be considered)
- Understanding and knowledge of first principles of mechanical engineering
- Experience in producing detail drawings
- Ability to undertake static calculations for stress and deflection
- Ability to carry out dynamic calculations for power transmission
- Ability to analyse a design and appreciate the effect on mechanisms and materials subject
to various mechanical forces (e.g. twisting and bending)
- Experience in designing machinery, sub-assemblies involving fabrications, machined
parts and purchased items such as bearing and gearboxes
- Experience in heavy engineered components/ assemblies
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Good organisational and coordination abilities
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of heavy engineering and mechanical design and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .