Mechanical Design Engineer - Dudley - Processing Machines - £30k to £45k P.A
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join a leading manufacturer of metal processing equipment for steel and aluminium manufacturing companies.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will demonstrate a strong engineering background with an emphasis on mechanical design and with the ability to meet deadlines as required.
In this role as Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be tasked with:-
- Establishing detailed designs using company engineering methods and best-practices
- Create and review designs using 3D/2D CAD software programs including Inventor and AutoCAD
- Create and review BOM documents in MS Excel
- Generate/review calculations to define machine specifications
- Assist in specification and selection of proprietary components
- Liaise with all departments within the group providing technical support as required
- Liaise with the customers, partaking in site visits as required
To be considered for this varied and challenging Mechanical Design Engineer role, you will have: -
- Experience in the design & manufacture of heavy precision machinery - steel and/or aluminium industry preferable
- Be educated to a minimum of HNC level
- Experience in the use of Inventor 3D and AutoCAD 2D design is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
The role comes with good benefits package, if you feel that you meet the criteria of the advertisement, please apply for immediate interview.