Mechanical Design Engineers - Burton on Trent
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for an established Railway and Mining equipment engineering company based in Burton on Trent. The Design Engineer will design and maintain cost effective and competitive products for this leading expert in Locomotives and related equipment.
This role gives interest to engineers who want to be involved in the whole product from concept, prototype and production of low volume individual products some projects are for equipment that have not been produced previously. The Design Engineer will work in a small engineering team to deliver the end product on time.
The Design Engineers will:
- Design, development and safety validation of engineering products ensuring lowest manufacture / installation costs are considered.
- Producing designs against specifications or requirements
- Produce own reports.
- Provision of high quality, accurate work to established drawing, technical or engineering standards.
- Work closely with Production and Assembly.
- Work to Design for Manufacture and Design for Manual Assembly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required.
- Degree in a Mechanical Engineering / related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Design experience in a similar heavy engineering environment or for machinery design.
- Good communication skills.
- 3D CAD experience with either Inventor, Solid Edge or Solid Works.
- Experienced with Hand Calculations and FEA.
- Working knowledge of the Rail Industry ideal but not essential.
- Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
- 33 days holiday including Statutory
- Pension scheme and Life Insurance
If you are interested in this role and have the Right to Work in the UK, please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call 01384446192. - Rail01