Mechanical Design Engineer
Industry/Sector: Automation and Robotics
A new Mechanical Design Engineer is required within an established and growing company. The new candidate will be joining a strong, highly motivated and successful team, who will play a critical role in the progression of the business. We are looking for an extremely motivated candidate, a highly enthusiastic individual who is passionate about their work and can develop and grow within the role.
Engineering within a multi-disciplined department the role will need the ability to communicate design information with different disciplines and adapt designs to suit; new designs will typically be completed in 3D but the modification of existing machines may be carried out in 2D or 3D.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Conceptual layouts for new machines and modification to existing machines
- Detail design of assembly systems and automation systems.
- Integration of proprietary equipment into bespoke designs.
- Creation of 3D models.
- Modification of existing equipment using 2D designs typically in AutoCAD.
- Presentation of designs at internal and customer reviews.
- Creation of detail drawings and bills of material plus checking of designs and drawings by others
- Producing engineering calculations where required
- Preparation of FMEA's, risk assessments and technical construction files
- Fault finding and analysis of machines during build and test both in house and on customer sites
- Liaising with project engineers, customers, suppliers and other departments
- Interfacing with electrical hardware and software / commissioning engineers
- Creating documentation for manuals and machine related documentation
The Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Educated to a minimum HNC in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Experience in special purpose design with knowledge of assembly techniques
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure in a calm and logical way.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Eexperience of automation systems
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of automation and mechanical design and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email