Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Worcester & Birmingham
Salary: Negotiable & will vary depending on the level of technical machine/automation design experience.
Essential: Must have mechanical design experience. Must have experience of either Catia, Enovia or Solidworks. Must come from a machine tool, special purpose machinery or automation industry background.
We have a requirement for a mechanical design engineer with experience of designing systems incorporating pneumatics, servos and cutting tools to support our UK manufacturing site located in the Midlands. We are a market leader in manufacturing machine tools and related cutting edge technologies, we have a worldwide presence and can offer excellent career progression.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you are responsible for:
- Working closely with customers and internal project teams to create detailed design solutions for customised machine tool options.
- Designing automated systems incorporating pneumatic grippers, linear actuators, linear slide systems, multi-axis cutting systems to create precision solutions to satisfy customers requirements.
- Create designs using Catia, Enovia or Solidworks.
The suitable candidate for the Mechanical Design Engineer will need to possess the following skills and experiences:
- Experience of designing high speed automation machinery for pick and place, assembly, inspection, packaging or machine tools is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of designing pneumatic and electro-pneumatic controlled systems.
- Experience of machinery directive and CE regulations.
- Strong engineering skills.
Please not that there are several opportunities of different levels. This role will suit someone who has all the required skills above or suit someone with transferable skills looking for career development. The salary offered will be dependant on experience.
If you are a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of automation/special purpose machinery design then please click on the link to apply for this Mechanical Design Engineer position working for a market leading and forward thinking manufacturer of machine tool/industrial machinery.
Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.