Mechanical Design Engineer
Automotive test and facilities.
The purpose of the role is to undertake all functions in support of product design, system integration, test facility design (including calculations), production drawings, documentation and graphical representations of installations.
The duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Prepare mechanical layout drawings for test facilities, test stand assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Produce Mechanical layout drawings for test facilities, test stand assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Produce approved mechanical designs, calculations, Bill of Materials (BOM's), specification drawings and test criteria documents.
- Provide support and guidance during the installation and commission phase of projects.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality Assurance and Environmental Protection procedures pertinent to the mechanical design process.
Experience required for the Mechanical Design Engineer role:
- Experience in the design of machined components and complex fabrications.
- A working knowledge of the Machinery Directive and the CE marking process.
- Ideally experienced using Solidworks or other AutoCAD system.
- A background in the automotive test industry would be an advantage.
- HND/Degree qualification in a relevant engineering subject essential.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281