Position - Mechanical Design Engineer
Location - Coventry
Salary - Competitive depending on experience and technical knowledge
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our thriving business located in Coventry. As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will produce system drawings, general arrangement drawings, sub-assembly drawings and detail part drawings in 2D CAD or 3D Inventor as required.You will consider design for manufacture principles on all new and existing product lines. you will produce Pipe and Instrumentation Diagrams and Bill of Materials to support project execution.
Your tasks as Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Maintain technical construction files at all times and liaise with Project Managers to ensure issues are closed out in a timely manner.
- Identify parts for use on equipment, ensuring that where possible parts are selected from the companies published lists of approved products.
- Communicate full BoM for products into Purchasing Department to support project requirements.
- Maintain drawings to the correct issue, ensuring that amendments are carried out and managed in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- To maintain technical file structures and systems to company and ISO Standards.
- Implement industry best practice configuration management to company product range.
- Produce information in a sequence and in a time frame that match the needs of Production.
- Develop skills and competency framework and individual training plans for Draughting team.
- Provide design support to manufacturing, sales and R&D.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Man management / leadership skills
- Able to facilitate change management
- Design of process equipment or similar
- AutoCad Inventor 3D design package
- Computer literate
- Ability to work with Production Management
- Attention to detail / logical and ability to work to deadlines
- Professional Qualifications - HNC (min) Mechanical Engineering
- Solid Engineering background with experience in a machine supply, contracting, engineering or technical environment.
- Experience of Autocad Inventor 2D / 3 D design package
- Fabrication knowledge (steel / plastic) would be beneficial.
- Experience in a general engineering plant & equipment, process, mechanical, conveyor industry
- Experience and understanding standard regulations (e.g. CE Marking, risk assessments, systems and mechanics)
- Confident, self-driven and enthusiastic
- Accountable and results oriented
- Team player - working in an open plan office
- Flexible, committed and conscientious
- Able to work within a busy and demanding environment
- Willing to challenge the system
- Required to work weekends (usually Saturday) in busy periods
- Overseas work to include sign off of equipment (as and when required)
If you would like to apply to the Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy please email your CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.