- Sector: Automation & Controls
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Matt Johnson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384446116
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58386
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary Range: £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire
Permanent role working for a worldwide advanced technology solutions manufacturing organisation.
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required with knowledge of designing mechanical parts, hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication and coolant circuits using CAD(CREO/Winchill).
Candidates with knowledge of preparation of technical documentation (Parts lists, assembly instructions, machine manuals and CE technical files along with cost analysis will be well received.
Due to expansion this Worcester based client requires a dynamic, leading Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis to add to a team of 4. As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Design and development of new CNC machine tool products and accessories.
- Design of special units to suit customers specific requirements
- Design and detailing mechanical parts and units
- Preparation of hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication and coolant circuits
- Engineering calculations and cost analysis
- Modification of existing designs to improve function, solve problems or reduce cost.
- Preparation of technical documentation (Parts lists, assembly instructions, machine manuals and CE technical files and risk assessments)
The Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Electrical Apprenticeship Trained (Technician Level)
- ONC or HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Fluent in CAD (CREO/Winchill)
- Experience of FEA
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good communication skills
- Meticulous and highly conscientious.
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Methodical and systematic with good problem solving skills
- Good team player
- Able to work under pressure to meet project deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Mechanical Design engineering within a manufacturing company for NPI and current production. In return for your experience, this Worcester based manufacturer will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week with an early finish on Fridays
- £35,000 to £40,000 per annum Salary plus overtime
- Pension (8% company contribution
- Health insurance
- x4 salary life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of mechanical design engineering within the manufacturing field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical Design Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.