Mechanical Design and Development Engineer / Technical Author - Walsall - £DOE
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Mechanical Design and Development Engineer to join an engineering company that specialise in the design and manufacture of specialist and powered bathing products.
The successful Mechanical Design and Development Engineer will work on the design and development of new products and product improvement. You will also have a vital role in being responsible for updating technical documentation, including manuals and technical files.
The role involves:
* Designing and developing concepts through to final production.
* Validation testing to prove concepts.
* Early involvement with relevant functions within the business.
* Supplier agreement on process capability.
* Production support.
* Maintain technical documentation and files, using Solidworks to obtain images.
* Use Illustrator, to produce images for documents (training can be provided)
The ideal candidate will
* Have an HND or higher in Mechanical Engineering related education
The Mechanical Design and Development Engineer will have experience in a range of the following skills
* Solid works assembly, part creation and creating drawings.
* BOM creation.
* Design for manufacture and Fabrication techniques.
* Welded frames, Turned parts, CNC machined parts.
* Mould tool principles and injection moulding techniques.
* Detailed drawing specs including Critical to Quality (CTQ), Tolerance stacks.
* Realistic tolerance appreciation for the chosen manufacturing method.
* Project Control Parts List (PCPL) tracking.
* MS Word & Excel.
Suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical Design and Development Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .