Mechanical Design and Development Engineer - Solidworks - Walsall - £DOE
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Mechanical Design and Development Engineer to join an engineering company that specialise in the design and manufacture of specialist and powered bathing products.
The successful Mechanical Design and Development Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of new products and product improvement, from concept through to testing and final production. You will produce 3D models, using Solidworks, build and test prototypes and identify potential production issues.
As Mechanical Design and Development Engineer - you will be required to:
- Manage projects from concept through to production release.
- Design and develop concepts through to final production.
- Perform validation testing to prove concepts.
- Have early involvement with relevant functions within the business.
- Reach agreements with suppliers on process capability.
- Provide production support / Update of Technical Documentation.
As Mechanical Design and Development Engineer - you will have a range of experience:
- Solid works assembly, part creation and creating drawings.
- BOM creation.
- Design for manufacture and fabrication techniques.
- Welded frames, Turned parts, CNC machined parts.
- Mould tool principle, injection moulding and fabrication techniques.
- Detailed drawing specs including Critical to Quality (CTQ), Tolerance stacks.
- Realistic tolerance appreciation for the chosen manufacturing method.
- Project Control Parts List (PCPL) tracking.
- Supplier and Project Management.
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work on a range of interesting and varied projects in a supportive team environment.
Suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical Design and Development Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.