Our client, a leading manufacturer of niche defence products, is seeking to recruit a Mechanical CAD Engineer to work closely with their Design Authority and other Designers within the team.
The Mechanical CAD Engineer will be involved in projects from initial concept stage through to the issue of production drawings.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical CAD Engineer will include:
- 3D modelling using Creo 4
- Production of detail production drawings ensuring conformance and manufacturability
- Drawing and design checking
- Producing interface drawings with the relevant authorities
- Modelling and reporting model mechanical properties
- Liaison with the customer, manufacturers and suppliers and on-site commissioning trial engineers
- Reviewing/challenging design concepts
- Concept meetings and design reviews - taking actions and ensuring actions are completed on time
- Actively participating in DFMEA reviews
- Managing your own workload to ensure on time delivery
Attention to detail is paramount whilst being able to work on multiple projects and an enthusiastic, inquisitive mind would be advantageous with an eagerness to learn. The candidate should have excellent design flair skills demonstrating new ways of thinking and having the confidence to challenge current methods/designs.
Key Skills and Requirements for the Mechanical CAD Engineer:
- Excellent design flair skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Minimum of an HNC in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant engineering qualification
- Working knowledge of Creo 4 or similar
- Working knowledge of Windchill 10.1 or similar
- Management of design life cycle state
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly techniques
- Knowledge of a wide range of engineering materials and fasteners
- National drafting standards BS 8888
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, limits and fits
- Evidence of attention to detail skills
- Self motivated and independent working (under guidance)
- Communication with confidence at all levels
- High competency in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- An understanding of defence standards such as Def Stan 07-85
- Basic knowledge of stressing components
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Sarah Davies.