Mechanical CAE Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
Basildon or Coventry
A Mechanical CAE Engineer is required to play a crucial part in the development of modern passenger car powertrain systems, leading system and component level simulation of powertrain components, specifically in battery pack development projects. Candidates with an understanding and experience in mechanical / structural simulation of electrical system components would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Mechanical CAE Engineer, based in either it's Basildon or Coventry office, to support the preparation of electric system requirements and specifications, and cascade requirements to a component. As a Mechanical CAE Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead system and component level structural simulation of electric powertrain systems in vehicle applications (HEV/PHEV/BEV)
- Support the preparation of electric system and component quality documentation (boundary diagrams, P diagrams, robustness check lists, FMEAs and test plans)
- Support validation / test specifications
- Liaise with relevant teams to lead electrical design tasks (i.e. design, manufacturing, suppliers, testing teams)
- Support component specifications for sign-off
- Preparation of reports (verbal & written), providing robust recommendations and proposals
The Mechanical CAE Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Understanding and experience in electrical vehicle / powertrain system and component requirements (e-machines, hybrid systems, batteries & control systems, etc)
- Working knowledge of structural simulation tools and systems (e.g Abacus, ANSYS)
- Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities
- Competent presentation skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone that can lead the assessment of simulation and testing results and defining next steps to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon and Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Mechanical CAE Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Mechanical CAE Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.