Title: Software Development Engineer
Salary Range: £28.70 - £30.71 (Ltd Co)
Division: Advanced Engineering
Contract Position based at: Warwick University
Working as a Software Development Engineer within the Research & Technology team, located at Warwick University. The specific position is the Brakes and Dynamics Research team. The role is the development of physics based models, state estimators and algorithms in Matlab, Simulink to ultimately control chassis/ powertrain hardware (i.e. electric machines, steering etc.).
The successful applicant should expect to work largely unsupported (but within a group of peers with complementary skill sets) to a systems engineering framework. The work will be from a blank sheet and necessitate the capture of high and low level requirements, then to solution design, scripting in Matlab, Simulink, prototype functional demonstration on HIL rig followed by vehicle level tuning & demonstration.
The expectation is not production release standard of scripting but rapid & robust prototyping with adequate levels of robustness for each project. A good understanding of Neutonian physics and proven track record of creative and agile thinking and an ability to work well within a creative engineering team are critical for this role.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Experience writing software to designing and control chassis actuators or motion systems.
- Experience with Matlab Simulink and dSpace prototyping environment. Understanding of CAN and Flexray protocols.
- Control Engineering, Electrical or Vehicle Dynamics based background knowledge.
- Proven industrial experience in developing software to a systems engineering framework.
- Experience of developing functional prototype software compliant with ISO26262.
- Experienced with control & parameterised algorithm estimation of physical systems.
- Experience with EPAS (Electric Power Assisted Steering), BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) energy management.
- Experience within ISO26262 (with specific reference to redundancy in "by-wire" systems).
- PRINCE 2 or equivalent project management.
- Familiarity with system engineering.
Degree educated (Control Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer science or similar)
If you are interested in this position apply now!