Up to £17.00 per hour LTD/Umbrella
A Materials Technician opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The role mainly involves the sectioning of engine components for metallurgical analysis.
As Materials Technician you will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, components, materials and processes both in laboratory and field environments.
The team consists of technical specialists, engineers and technicians.
Working under the guidance of Materials Engineers, primary responsibilities include:
- Sectioning components
- Metallographic preparation of samples
- Cleaning & maintenance of workshop equipment
- Moving & handling of engine components
- You must be able to demonstrate previous experience incorporating knowledge and practical operation of materials testing equipment
- Experience of working within a workshop or laboratory environment
- Quality oriented
- Experience of using cutting equipment or bandsaws
- Knowledge of machining and fabrication
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.