An experienced Materials / Textiles Designer is required to design, develop and implement new technical performing transport products for a core portfolio and custom mades, (providing additional support across other segments when required) that are in line with market, customer, aesthetic, environmental requirements and the necessary performance specifications in order to build a leading market position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Woven Textile related degree or equivalent. Excellent technical textile design skills, preferably in the automotive industry / mass passenger transportation industry.
- Excellent knowledge of textile construction.
- Knowledge of Nedgraphics, Scotweave, Adobe packages, PowerPoint and Microsoft packages.
- Creative flair for design and colour with excellent technical textile knowledge.
- Excellent conceptual skills to work up ideas and be energetic about presenting ideas and concepts to customers, both existing and new.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently with passion and drive whilst demonstrating high levels of resilience and energy.
- Proven ability to demonstrate new technical solutions and creativity, whilst assessing its commerciality.
- Have a desire to be the best in everything you do with an ability to create a positive and inspiring culture.
- Hands on/can do attitude to resolving issues.
- Excellent verbal, written and platform communication skills both internally and externally.
- Skilled at working with cross-functional teams, project management and product development, often managing multiple projects simultaneously and with tight deadlines for project completion.
- Drive and energy with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Attention to detail.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Valid Passport.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.