Delivery of Materials technology research projects to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to Engineering Specification. Develop implementation/activity plans for all Materials research technologies to ensure robust processes are achieved on time and to Engineering Specification. Work with cross functional and operational teams to ensure objectives and activity plans are captured in the overall project plans. Contribute to the resolution of key technical and strategic challenges. Develop early demonstrations prior to final Proof-of-Concept stage. Assist in the development of Proof-of-Concept technologies with support from key suppliers. Provide assistance and support in recording all data to ensure adherence to relevant procedures. Co-ordinate projects towards the development of required technologies and features via the Technology Creation Development System process. Provide technical support on projects when handing over to mainstream engineering.
- Educated to Materials Engineering Degree or similar level.
- Multiple stakeholder project management experience - ideally with design.
- Knowledge/experience of Automotive/Aerospace/Marine production processes from raw material to component.
- Previous experience in a Research, development or design role in engineering or automotive environment.
- Strong technical and development expertise.
- Ability to resolve key technical issues within a team environment.
- Ability to write reports and the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Experience of program or project management, meeting demanding timescales with budget control and cost effective delivery.