Our client is a manufacturer of food products and is looking to recruit a Materials Planner to support the Supply Chain and Production teams. The Materials Planner will have experience in a Production Planning position within an FMCG environment.
The Materials Planner duties include:
- Ownership of the Material Database used for material planning.
- Place purchase orders for ingredients, packaging and purchased finished goods.
- Maintain ERP system information for all purchased products; pricing, lead times, planning data, safety stocks etc.
- Actively participate within the supplier performance process
- Maintain and build relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Manage recipe changes, minimising write offs / highlight slow moving lines / short-dated stock.
- Analyse short-dated purchased stock and provide recommendations to the Supply Chain team.
- Working closely with the wider operations team on a day to day basis, building relationships and improving existing processes.
- Supporting the NPD team by assisting them with new materials for trials and NPD projects.
- Ensure process documents for tasks related directly to this role are on file and kept up to date.
The Materials Planner will have:
- Experience of purchasing, stock control and monitoring stock levels
- Experience using computerised MRP systems relating to stock control and purchasing
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of a food manufacturing environment
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.