over 1 year ago
My Automotive client is embarking upon an exciting new project and is looking for a high calibre MP&L Manager to be based at their facility in the Warwickshire region.
Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing a robust material labelling, racking, picking and kitting process in a compact plant warehouse layout.
- Work with the Quality Manager to ensure only quality parts are delivered from the suppliers and then to line side within the assembly plant.
- Experienced in handling and managing complex complete vehicle Bill of Material
- Maintain and control appropriate inventory levels within the business and with a significant European Logistics provider.
- Follow up on correspondence with suppliers either verbally or in writing.
- Assist in the sourcing of all materials, components, outside processes and contracts.
- Work in compliance with TS16949 Standards and ISO 14001.
We are looking for the following:
- A Materials Manager/MP&L professional with strong experience within the Automotive sector
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and methods
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees both within the organisation and with customers, suppliers, sub-contractors etc
- Good working knowledge of Purchasing and MRP systems
- Supervisory skills in the area of, interaction and communication, company policies, negotiation
- You'll be used to working within a high pressured, fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of SAP would be highly advantageous
- Ideally degree qualified