£12 - 15 per hour
6 months ago
Materials Handling Technician
£15/hr PAYE - (Inside IR35)
Automotive - Test Services & Site Facilities
A Materials Handling Technician opportunity has become available for a global automotive OEM.
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Ensure timely receipt and booking in of Test parts and vehicles.
- Ensure that stock is controlled using company databases.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to support projects.
- Use skills to provide support to other sections as required.
Working within the Research and Development team, the individual will be responsible for the following:
- Receipt of Goods In & Out, to include receiving & loading/unloading of test vehicles and parts in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Customer groups to advise of vehicle and parts arrival.
- Pick test parts from Stores for use by test groups.
- Learn bespoke computer systems required to fulfil this role.
- Support the Team Leader to meet Stores KPI's to ensure performance of the department.
- Support section management to maintain Health & Safety.
- Work with the team to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and capture knowledge.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- FLT licence with 2+ years' experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a Vehicle Logistics/Materials Handling/Stores/Goods Inwards & Outwards environment.
- Experience of using computer packages in day to day work.
There is an assumption that the individual will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be able to manage and prioritise their own workload.
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude.
- Driving Licence.
Please get in touch with James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.