£15 - 17 per hour
Job title: Materials Handling Leader - Immediate Start
Salary Range: £15p/h PAYE
£16.87 p/h Ltd
3-month Contract Role
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Working for a leading global Automotive OEM.
A Materials Handling Leader is required with knowledge of Materials Handling/Stores/Goods Inwards & Outwards environments and Parts Inspection / Quality Control.
Candidates with knowledge of automotive Stores/Inspection Key Performance would be well received.
Due to ongoing new projects this client based in Bedford requires a dynamic, leading Materials handling leader. As a Materials Handling Leader, you will be required to:
- Provide leadership for the Stores/Goods In & Out and Parts Inspection area
- Manage, train and develop staff
- Learn bespoke OEM systems required to fulfill role
- Ensure a smooth and timely process for goods in/out, including inspection where required
- Liaise with test groups to understand requirements
- Manage the Stores database and take ownership for the introduction of a new Stores system later in 2020
- Track performance of the department and provide clear reporting
- Support section management to maintain Health & Safety, to include writing risk assessments
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and capture knowledge
- Lead long term strategic improvements
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Demonstrate that Stores/Inspection Key Performance Indicators are being met in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that stock is controlled using databases and provide clear reporting to management.
- Ensure excellent customer service at all times to support projects.
- Use skills to provide support to other sections as required
The Materials Handling Leader should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally a strong background in Materials Handling/Stores/Goods Inwards & Outwards environments
- Experience within Parts Inspection / Quality Control environments is preferred but not essential
- Experience of leading a team
- Fully proficient Excel data management and producing graphs
- A good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint for report writing & presentation preparation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to manage and prioritise their own and others workload
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of stores and material handling. In return for your experience, this Bedford based automotive OEM will offer you:
- 3 month rolling contract
- 37 hour working week with overtime available
- £15p/h PAYE or £16.87 p/h Ltd
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Material handling and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Material Handling Leader role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.