GBP25000 - GBP35000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Permanent position - Cambridge
The Materials Engineer is required to support the planning and mechanical characterisation of materials for customer qualification programmes and product development projects.
The client is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors. Due to an increase in projects, they require a Materials Engineer on a permanent staff basis.
As the Materials Engineer you will be required to:
- Review and interpret customer specifications and associated test methods to highlight t line managers and stakeholders any inconsistencies, contradictions or resource limitations.
- Undertake all aspects of test specimen preparation and mechanical testing to the agreed test plans whilst maintaining full traceability.
- Work with the Line Manager and Technical Lab Engineer to define & revise test procedures and develop & implement new test methods.
- Support and lead validation of new tests and test equipment to aid new material development trends.
- Propose and implement improvement to existing procedures and processes.
- Analyse and document test data, investigate unexpected results or test modes.
- Carry out work in compliance with relevant certification ensuring all relevant specifications, quality standards and Health & Safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Support day to day running of the team and coordinating team resources when required.
The Materials Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of working as a Material Engineer, Qualification Engineer or Industrial Research and Technology Scientist.
- A hands-on approach to laboratory work with good attention to detail.
- A hands-on approach to creating and revising test methods in test frame software.
- The ability to observe and understand material behaviour during testing and the ability to analyse test data and failure mode.
- The ability to write accurate and concise technical reports based on technical reasoning.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Materials Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.