Materials Design & Test Engineer (Automotive Paint) - R00008868
A Materials Design & Test Engineer is required with knowledge of OEM paint test and performance requirements to develop body and bumper topcoat paint materials to meet manufacturing plant requirements and Quality-Cost-Delivery objectives.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Materials Design & Test Engineer with experience in an automotive paint role for a new contract role. As a Purchase Migration Project Support Analyst, you will be required to:
- Undertake paint material development through supplier and manufacturing plant co-ordination.
- Create and maintain master schedule for project delivery with full support and agreement of the affected organisations.
- Liaise with all involved parties to ensure good communication based on facility and technology restrictions.
- Create and agree paint development schedule.
- Report progress and concerns in a timely / regular manner.
- Gather and report supplier / plant test results in accordance with standard performance requirements and ensure appropriate information is fully shared within the team.
- Project manage supplier off-site paint application trials and validate process workability and material performance sign-off.
- Promote the implementation of paint cost reduction activities.
- Control the manufacture and distribution of paint colour master plaques to downstream departments.
- Liaise with paint supplier and plant staff to identify and introduce optimal material solutions.
- Investigate vehicle paint quality performance concerns in the market and implement appropriate countermeasures.
- Conduct competitor vehicle benchmarking to identify opportunities for quality / durability improvement.
The Materials Design & Test Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- University Degree
- Experience in an automotive paint role.
- Industrial painting experience working for an OEM or Tier 1 painted product supplier. Knowledge of OEM paint test and performance requirements based on practical experience gained from undertaking paint approval and quality confirmation testing.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, and other PC applications, to output routine products with similar formats.
If you have any questions about the Materials Design & Test Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship