A Material Control Specialist is required to work for a global supplier of world class engines with a leading aftermarket parts.
The position is an initial 10 month contract role based in Manchester and offering an hourly rates of pay are negotiable depending upon experience.
- Supporting process changes
- Managing schedules and expectations
- Interact and manage key relationships with a network of worldwide suppliers, monitoring their performance and identifying improvements
- Delivery of KPI's such as: Fill, Inventory, Backorder Value, Promise Coverage,Promise Quality, and Aged Backorders etc for your assigned suppliers
- Ensure procedures are adhered to, to ensure ISO9000 accreditation
- Create and deliver action plans to improve service and metrics
- Providing quality delivery information to support in excess of 1000 global distributors and dealers in the aftermarket dept
Key skills and experiences:
- Good level of Supply Chain Control Planning experience gained within either a Third Party
- Logistics (3PL) Operation, Client Side Warehousing and Fulfilment Distribution Centre, or within a manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills required, applicants must be comfortable in a data driven environment.
- self-motivated and possess interpersonal skills to manage supplier reviews
- Inventory Management experience and relevant systems are desired
- must be able to live and commute into the Manchester area, you may also be required to travel - up to 10%.
- Excellent PC skills in: MS Excel (VBA), MS PowerPoint and MS Word are desired
- Needs to be comfortable and effective working in a fast paced environment
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
If you are interested in the above role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible!