about 2 years ago
Material Cost Analyst
Seeking a Material Cost Analyst to work for one of the world's leading providers of diesel and gas engines.
Based at their manufacturing plant in Peterborough you will be responsible for supporting growth plans for a new product range.
Key responsibilities as Material Cost Analyst:
- For each cost tracking BOM, track and report a future view of cost opportunities and risks - this will involve liaising with internal buyers and cost team to detail, by part number how the costs change over time
- Work with internal buyers to understand cost opportunities or impact by part number, for each cost tracking BOM
- Use a standard and agreed methodology to track parts by status - such as quote, CAF, cost model, gap analysis complete
- Track the status of negotiation once gap analysis is complete and feedback to team
- Track alternative approach to get the cost target
Required Skills and Experience:
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience of database interrogation
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal for effective team work
- Dogmatic and resilient
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Purchase analyst experience
- Experience of material tracking in prototype or production environments
This is a 12 month contract opportunity working for a well-known engine manufacturer based in Peterborough.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY!
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment to discuss further.