£15.00 to £19.50 p/h LTD
- Incumbent ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
- Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues.
- Analyse established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate pieces parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders.
- Analyse engineering releases for change and / or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
- Manages and performs supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components.
- Supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Purchasing and Supply Chain experience is required
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organisation and communication skills
- Understanding of company policies and procedures
- General product knowledge
- Receive Inventory into system for Transmission Product
- Perform Annual Inventory Count in Belgium
- Manage Supplier Invoice Disputes
- Chase Customers for POD's
- Any admin duties deemed relevant to the job role
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and QAD (MFGPro) systems
- Knowledge and / or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, operations and transportation or logistics desired
- Minimal Travel Required.
The position will be a long term contract role based in Wolverhampton paying a rate of up to £19.50 Ltd Co per hour.
Interested in the above role?
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible.