- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Logistics
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 01 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61028
Role: Material Planner
Rate: Up to£16.50 per hour UMB or £12.95 PAYE Inside IR35
Duration: 6 months minimum initial contract
We are currently recruiting a Material Planner to work for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
You will be working for a global company with exposure to a global team. A new system has gone live within the company, so opportunity to contribute ideas and help improve processes.
You will be working in a very flexible working environment, and the team are like a family. There are around 50 people working at this site and you will have a great support network.
You must have an understanding of MRP processes to be successful in this role.
Your main duties and responsibilities in this role will be as followed:
- You will be working in one of 4 logistics centers who are responsible for looking after small parts.
- Distribute parts to facilities.
- Responsible for material availability.
- Working with suppliers to ensure that material is on hand, managing packages, improving relationships.
- Managing system and make sure suppliers are working as they should and customers make sure they have full updates on what is happening
- communicate issues with warehouse to ensure deliverers go on time and go to right location.
- Occasional visits suppliers to maintain relationships.
- Working with a global team (China, India, US).
- Data analytics
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills/experience:
- Excel skills highly desirable
- Strong negotiation skills
- Power BI advantageous
- Data analytics experience
- Understanding of MRP process and supply chain
- Continuous improvement background desirable
Demand for this role will be high therefore if you would like to process an application please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.