£10.00 to £17.00 Ltd CO
New opportunity for a Material Planner to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The position is a 6-month contract role based in Peterborough, hourly rates are negotiable depending upon experience.
Working within the Inbound Supply Excellence team you will be responsible for ensuring externally sourced material is ordered and available on time at the point of use, to support engine assembly and component machining operations, whilst utilising Plan For Every
Part (PFEP) data to optimise component inventory levels.
* Manage the Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system parameters and issue
component schedules to suppliers,
* Interpret requirements planning demand needs and develop production/supplier firm and
planned orders to satisfy master schedule
* Establish priority of material requirements, schedules and orders to suppliers and the factory
* Liaise with external suppliers to provide material input information
* Maintain excellent relationships with suppliers to ensure continuity of materials
* Manage Supplier Performance and report key metrics, utilising the Material Requirement
Collaboration (MRC) Tool
* Utilise PFEP to control inventory to optimal levels. Accountable for the inventory within his/her
control and ensures that adequate steps are taken to maintain continuity of supply.
* Responsible for achieving objectives and business goals such as those related to inventory
turns, external supply order delivery performance, obsolete and surplus material disposition, lot
* Support supply chain improvement projects e.g. Electronic Data Interface (EDI), Packaging,
Skills & Experience you will have;
* Previous Supply Chain experience
* External facing experience with suppliers or customers
* Effective communication skills and sound judgement and be able to work in a team structure
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills are important in order to identify needs, analyse
potential alternatives and provide suitable solutions
Skills & Experience you may have;
* MRP systems (i.e. MFG Pro, SAP etc) knowledge
* MCIPS qualified or working towards
* Previous Material Planning experience
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.