A Material Planner is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As Material Planner you will be responsible for ….
- Ensuring material is delivered from suppliers in line with our delivery schedules, these may be daily, manual or monthly schedules dependent on the nature of the component or requirement.
- Make regular contact with suppliers primarily via telephone and fax expediting production material identified on the "delivery schedules".
- Work closely with U.K. and foreign suppliers, manufacturing, Inventory and Traffic communicating at all levels thus maintaining vital contact and minimising problems affecting deliveries.
- Work closely with various departments within plant (e.g. ENGINEERING, Receiving, Supplier and Product Quality, Accounts etc.) to identify and solve problems affecting delivery.
- Developing in the use of E.D.I. and J.I.T. visiting suppliers when necessary to discuss all aspects relating to deliveries.
- Report daily on production line shortages through leading short sheet meetings, identifying critical areas needing attention and taking the appropriate action when necessary.
Skills and experience:
- Good level of education.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good understanding of export packaging systems and procedures.
The position will be a 6 month contract role based in Leicester and paying a rate of up to £18.00 Ltd Co per hour.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible, our client is actively interviewing for this position!