A Material Planner is required with knowledge of Just in Time (JIT) and Just In Sequence (JIS) Engineering and Lean Manufacturing Processes. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
This company, a luxury automotive manufacturer based in Gaydon requires a tactful and diplomatic Material Planner with solid negotiation experience for a new 6-month contract.
As a Material Planner you will be required to:
- Schedule and control component and material supply to meet immediate and forward production programmes.
- Balance the need to minimise obsolete stock whilst maintaining safety stock levels.
- Where required initiate inventory management and stock adjustments.
The Material Planner should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong supplier management skills, developing relationships which will enable constructive dialogue re improvement required to meet delivery KPIs.
- Experience raising containments/rework requests where quality issues threaten production.
- Experience in Material Planning and Logistics (MP&L) within the automotive industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of leading and coordinating improvement plans with under-performing suppliers to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gaydon-based automotive company will offer you a limited contractor rate of £18 per hour.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of automotive material scheduling and IT skills and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Material Planner role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131.