£16.80 - 16.80 per hour
2 months ago
Job title: Material Planner
Salary Range: £16.80 per hour (Umbrella)
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Friday
Location: Belfast, N Ireland
12-month contract working for a leading Equipment manufacturer.
A Material Planner is required with knowledge of MRP, SAP and experience working within a fast-paced environment with time sensitive work.
This role would fit a material planner with experience working as part of a global company using cutting edge tools/systems. A material planner with logistics and transportation experience would be well received.
Due to expansion this equipment manufacturer client based in Belfast requires an experienced, dynamic, leading Material Planner with a keen supply chain background to undergo a 12-month contract role. As a Material Planner you will be required to:
- Timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Use supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
- Actively collaborate with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier delivery performance issues.
- Analyse production requirements, converting requirements into purchase orders requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels.
- Analyse engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
- This position supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Perform work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Provide Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
- Minimal Travel Required
The Material Planner should have the following skills or experience:
- College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot MRP, SAP experience preferable but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organisation, and communication skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, inventory control.
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Knowledge and/or experience in transportation or logistics
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification - Advantageous but not essential
- Experience of LEAN and Six Sigma - Advantageous but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Material Planning within supply chain. In return for your experience, this Belfast manufacturer will offer you:
- 12-month contract position
- £16.80 per hour (umbrella)
- 37.5-hour per week
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have knowledge of Material Planning within a high-volume manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the Materials Planner role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.