Job Title: Material Planner
A world leading off highways manufacturer is in search of a Material Planner to join their site in Stockton-on-Tees on a long term contract basis. As Material Planner, you will perform Material Analysis and supplier Liaison to ensure material availability in line with MRP forecast for all Stockton produced products.
This role is to work as a member of the Material and Logistics Planning team, based in Stockton-on-Tees to ensure material availability in line with production demands.
Working under the direction of the Material Planning Supervisor, the candidate will analyse MRP schedule requirements against current planned schedules and collaborate with suppliers if schedule changes ae required.
The candidate will work with suppliers to ensure material is planned, organized and available in line with schedule and packaging requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Working in MRP system to set supplier schedules
- Using Caterpillars on-line supplier collaboration portal to ensure efficient and timely supplier communication
- Instigate material expedites when a line shortage is identified
- Communicate potential material shortages and status reports with operations teams if required.
- Track and monitor supplier performance levels
- Hold regular performance reviews with suppliers to drive improvements
- Escalate poor supplier performance to Caterpillar Purchasing teams.
- Review material planning parameters to ensure optimum inventory holding to ensure consistent production and inventory turns targets are met.
- Organise transport if required to fulfill deliveries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong Numeric skills essential
- Strong Computer skills essential
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Must be willing to learn and develop knowledge & skills required for the role.
- Ideally Qualified to a minimum of A'Level or higher standard
- Advanced skill in use of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point & e-mail systems are essential.
- Experience & knowledge of working with MRPII planning systems
- Requires effective communications skills in both written and oral.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
- Required to be able to prioritise work in a dynamic environment.
- Required to accept responsibility and produce highest productivity and quality work, maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within supply chain organisation.
If you are interested in this position and have the relevant experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.