£competitive hourly rates
Material Planner opportunity working for a well-known off-highway’s engine manufacturer based in Leicester.
- Responsible for inbound supply of Components that support over 200 manufacturing facilities and 1st Tier suppliers around Europe and to the Global Network.
- Managing over 10,000-part number references and 350 Suppliers. The Supply Chain Team supports many facilities on NPI projects and form a key integral part of logistics flows in all aspects of the business.
- As a Material Planner you will control production and inventory control activities of selected items, to achieve maximum customer service, minimum inventory investment and efficient material flow.
- Validating requirements and collaborating with customers.
- Expediting with sources and coordinating with process partners on critical material shortages.
- De-expediting with sources following requirement reductions and removals
- Coordinating engineering change level and RSSM processes with process partners.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Previous experience of working with a Supply Chain role or job relevant experience
- Advanced Excel/Intermediate Access
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Self-Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Requires problem-solving skills to Root Cause Corrective Action and solve common problems
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- French speaking
- Knowledge on Glovia
- 6 Sigma Green belt
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge
- Experience with LEAN methodology
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.