£10.00 - £16.00 per hour
11 months ago
£14.00 to £16.00 DOE
Fantastic opportunity for a Material Planner to join a world leader in engine manufacturing based in Peterborough.
Supporting the Inbound Supply Excellence team, you will be responsible for ensuring externally sourced material is ordered and available on time at the point of use, to support engine assembly and component machining operations, whilst utilising Plan for Every Part (PFEP) data to optimise component inventory levels.
- Daily management of ERP systems
- Manage planning demand needs, schedule and manage orders
- Maintain strong relationships with suppliers, Supplier Performance and report key metrics
- Managing daily communications with internal/external stakeholders every day
- Establish priority of material requirements, schedules and orders to suppliers and the factory
- Utilise PFEP to control inventory to optimal levels. Accountable for the inventory within his/her control and ensures that adequate steps are taken to maintain continuity of supply.
Skills & Experience you will have;
- Previous Supply Chain experience
- External facing experience with suppliers or customers
- Effective communication skills and sound judgement and be able to work in a team structure
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills are important in order to identify needs, analyse potential alternatives and provide suitable solutions
Skills & Experience you may have;
- MRP systems (i.e. MFG Pro, SAP etc) knowledge
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Previous Material Planning experience
Hours: Mon to Thurs - 07:30-16:15, Fri - 07:30-12:30
In return our client can offer a 6-month contract based in Peterborough and a fantastic opportunity for a Material Planner to join our team and gain valuable experience of the supply Chain.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY!
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment to discuss further.