Exciting opportunities for experienced Material Planners to join a well-known off-highways manufacturer based in Leicester.
As Material Planner you will be responsible for performing analytical tasks to support the forecast and production of off-highway vehicles.
- Accountable for the analysis and maintenance of material planning data, cost for internal suppliers, handling payment related discrepancies
- Source study and implementation to support NPI project
- Implement engineering changes on the purchased parts and handle effectiveness the phase in and out
- Track and monitor supplier delivery performance and set up communication plan with supplier to drive delivery performance and quality improvement
- Track the timely delivery and expedite the parts shortage with supplier
- Forecast and communicate parts shortage status with manufacturing, analyse root cause of shortages
- Responsible for inventory control at component level by set up min/max inventory, reasonable lead time, safety stock, lot size days and ordering qty
- Review stock level regularly to identify the gap and implement solutions
Key skills and experiences:
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university - or equivalent experience
- Advanced skill in use of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, e-mail systems is preferred.
- Required knowledge and application on MRPII/SAP system
- Requires effective communications skills in both written and oral
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
- Required to be able to prioritise work in a dynamic environment
- Required knowledge on basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques
- Required to accept responsibility and produce highest productivity and quality work, maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within supply chain organisation
This is a 6 month contract opportunity with the potential for further extension and offering negotiable rates of pay.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY! Shortlisting closes Friday 12th April.
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.