£Negotiable hourly rate
A world class manufacturing company based in Desford is seeking a Material Planner to join their Material Planning Department.
Ensure that material requirements are scheduled for delivery from suppliers in a quantity and on a date to support our service to customers
- Ensure that deliveries take place on the correct date, in the correct containers, in the quantity specified.
- Initiate, co-ordinate and participate in activities to ensure optimum inventory levels
- Manage and control inventory levels for outgoing parts
- Be involved with, as necessary, the scheduling and control of onward ship material
- Perform all tasks to CPS levels of performance
- Knowledge of various purchasing and accounting systems, receiving report processing, and shipping regulations.
- Resolving all grief issues determining necessary action needed to successfully correct the problem.
- Making numerous contacts by phone, fax or email, to all parties involved in order to enter shipments and final receipts.
- Following up on orders not received per customer's request.
- Communicating with customer regarding status of order.
- Performing the setup of new supplier and customer information.
Skills and Experience Required
Previous experience of working with a Material Planning role or supply chain.
- Supplier Management Experience
- Knowledge of MRP
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Microsoft skills
- Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail.
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment
In return our client can offer you a 12 month contract opportunity based in Desford.
Interested in the above role? Apply Today!
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.