about 2 years ago
£competitive hourly rates
Material Planner opportunity working for a well-known off-highway's engine manufacturer based in Leicester.
- Responsible for inbound supply of Components that support over 200 manufacturing facilities and 1st Tier suppliers around Europe and to the Global Network.
- Managing over 10,000-part number references and 350 Suppliers. The Supply Chain Team supports many facilities on NPI projects and form a key integral part of logistics flows in all aspects of the business.
- As a Material Planner you will control production and inventory control activities of selected items, to achieve maximum customer service, minimum inventory investment and efficient material flow.
- Validating requirements and collaborating with customers.
- Expediting with sources and coordinating with process partners on critical material shortages.
- De-expediting with sources following requirement reductions and removals
- Coordinating engineering change level and RSSM processes with process partners.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Previous experience of working with a Supply Chain role or job relevant experience
- Advanced Excel/Intermediate Access
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Self-Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Requires problem-solving skills to Root Cause Corrective Action and solve common problems
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- French speaking
- Knowledge on Glovia
- 6 Sigma Green belt
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge
- Experience with LEAN methodology
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.