Wolverhampton, West Midlands
almost 2 years ago
Material Planning Analyst
£competitive rates (DOE)
Material Planning Analyst opportunity available working for a market leader in off-highway transmissions.
As Material Planning Analyst you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production.
- Ensures the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Actively collaborate with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues.
- Analyse established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate pieces parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders.
- Analyses engineering releases for change and / or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
- Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components.
- Supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Key skills and education:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Purchasing and Supply Chain experience is required
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organisation and communication skills
- Understanding of company policies and procedures
- General product knowledge
- Receive Inventory into system for Transmission Product
- Perform Annual Inventory Count in Belgium
- Manage Supplier Invoice Disputes
- Chase Customers for POD's
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and QAD (MFGPro) systems
- Knowledge and / or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, operations and transportation or logistics desired
Minimal Travel Required.
Interested in the above role?
Apply today! Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.