Up to £16.50 p/h Ltd
An opportunity has arisen for a Material Planner to work for a leading manufacturer of off-highway equipment based in the Leicester area.
As Material Planner you will control production and inventory activities of selected components and suppliers.
- Coordinating and executing scheduling activities for assigned parts/suppliers using ERP and online systems
- Circa 1000 parts and between 30-50 suppliers
- Work weekly exception messages for required changes to existing schedules
- Assure supply of components to meet the production or shipment schedules
- De-expediting with suppliers following requirement reductions
- Maintain shortage sheets for daily pull replenishment and export customers
- Supporting New Product Introduction and Engineering changes
- Negotiate with supplier, the finance for "premium freight" to ensure costs are kept to an absolute minimum
- Assist Operations and Accounts departments in resolution invoice grief caused by material shortages/overages Develop and maintain supplier relationships
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Previous experience of working with a Supply Chain role - supplier or customer management; inventory control
- Cross-level and cross-functional communication;
- Intermediate Excel
- Self-Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail
- Requires problem-solving skills to Root Cause Corrective Action and solve common problems
This is a 6-month rolling contract requiring an immediate start, face to face interviews are likely to take place within the next week.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.