11 months ago
Material Cost Analyst
Up to £28.00 per hour LTD
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
A Material Cost Analyst opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The business is entering a critical phase of growth and new market penetration. In order to support these growth plans, the reduction and control of product costs are a must.
Product cost opportunities and challenges must be tracked, forecasted and managed in order to support cost objectives and therefore enable market growth plans.
The Material Cost Analyst role will involve:
- For each cost tracking BOM, track and report a future view of cost opportunities and risks – this will involve liaising with internal buyers and cost team to detail, by part number how the costs change over time.
- Work with internal buyers to understand cost opportunities or impact by part number, for each cost tracking BOM.
- Use a standard and agreed methodology to track parts by status – such as quote, CAF, cost model, gap analysis complete.
- Track the status of negotiation once gap analysis is complete and feedback to team.
- Track alternative approach to get the cost target.
To apply for this Material Cost Analyst position, you should have some of the following:
- Purchase analyst experience
- Experience of material tracking in prototype or production environments
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience of database interrogation
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.