A Material Controller is required to join a specialist, innovative electronics technology company that specialise in high-performance control systems.
The Material Controller will be working closely with suppliers and customers to follow and expedite MRP processes and closely monitor material availability.
Material controller- Key Responsibilities
- Place/Expedite/Confirm purchase orders in line with MRP.
- Action shortage reports (for both manufactured and purchased parts).
- Manage suppliers building relationships and ensuring KPIs are met.
- Plan actions with suppliers when their performance falls below the accepted rate.
- Cost reduction in line with agreed targets
- Work closely with the Commodity managers to take opportunity to consolidate the supply chain utilising alliance and strategic suppliers.
Skills and Experience required for Material Controller
- Significant experience in MRP methods and processes.
- Robust approach to supplier management and relationship building.
- Experience working in a Material Controller position for a manufacturing company, ideally within a regulated market such as aerospace or defence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Material Controller to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Gloucestershire based company will offer you:
- Non-standard pension scheme
- Relocation allowance (dependent on circumstances)
- Competitive basic salary
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered