over 1 year ago
Material Controller - Obsolecence
An Obsolecence Material Controller is required by leading global high tech aerospace, defence and security company. Delivering products and integrated solutions through cutting-edge technologies, the Obsolecence Material Controller will pay a key role within one of the organisations critical business streams.
The ability to offer customers effective solutions such as the repair of critical radar and electronics equipment by ensuring replacement parts, materials or subassemblies are available. As Obsolecence Material Controller you will to monitor and report the status of all obsolete material to be purchased, when it is delivered / stocked and then ensure it is appropriately consumed.
As an experienced Material Controller, you will:
- Monitor material stock levels using SAP
- Manage outstanding customer orders.
- Report and analyse consumption rates and material movements between programmes.
- Identify material to resolve potential shortages to support repairs.
What you will need:
- Working knowledge of SAP
- A proven track record of material control within an aerospace/defence industry, with knowledge of electronic components.
- Able to take contractual requirements and deliver the service to meet the contractual and business requirement in the most cost effective way
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Good analytical skills and a logical mindset to deduce the impact to the delivery of the support service
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of using Microsoft software packages, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Ideally currently working within the aerospace/defence
In return for your material control experience and expertise gained within a similar environment, we are offering:
- Competitive basic salary
- Up to 8% pension
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Annual salary reviews.
This would suit a procurement or supply chain professional who offers experience of working within the Aviation/Defence or Electronic Components industry and has knowledge of managing obsolescence components/materials. Interested? Please contact Lisa Osborne directly 01384 446162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.