Parts Material Control Assistant Manager
Automotive Tier 1 Supplier
Salary: £34,000 - £42,000
This manufacturing organisation is part of a wider, global automotive tier 1, supplying into all the major Japanese and European OEM's. The business has gone through major investment and restructure which has only strengthened the organisation. You will manage all aspects of Parts Material Control activities in both the factory and warehouse to ensure efficient operations are maintained.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To manage the flow of material (child parts and finished goods) internally and the customer.
- To support the continuous improvement programme.
- To liaise with customers, externally and internally as necessary.
- To manage the business involving, man management responsibility, and achieving key performance criteria.
Main attributes of the role:
- To ensure that goods are delivered / loaded as per plan and on time.
- Optimise all processes by utilising TPS methods.
- Close working with OMC to ensure effective planning of space
- To maintain the company's MRP system.
- To ensure the team is fully trained.
- To ensure health & safety is paramount to prevent accidents and subsequent claims.
- To meet customer demands, internally and externally, on time and at the right quality & delivery requirements.
- To manage PMC KPI's, specifically delivery, ordering and storage of goods as these will all have a financial bearing on the business.
- To support the making & achieving of the business plan.
We are seeking an automotive materials control specialist who has the following skills:
- TIATF16949 procedures
- TPM procedures
- Experience of warehousing and stores operation within a busy manufacturing environment (automotive desired)
- Man management skills (inc Disciplinary, Performance monitoring, Man Power planning and recruitment)
- Customer liaison experience
- Practical experience, implementation and management of Kanban control and internal logistics processes.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Financial awareness.
- Previous experience of developing business operating systems.
- Comprehensive IT skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to demonstrate and challenge convention and lateral thinking in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for the Parts Material Control team, assignment of their work, review of their performance and co-ordination of all the supporting departments to achieve the above.
If you wish to be considered for the position, please apply for more information.