Job title: Material & Planning Coordinator
Salary Range: Competitive
A Material & Planning Coordinator is required with knowledge of SAP and advanced excel skills. Candidates with experience of the Automotive or FMCG industry would be well received.
Due to growth this company, a tier 1 Automotive supplier based in Heckmondwike requires a proactive Material & Planning Coordinator with leadership experience for a new permanent role.
As a Material & Planning Coordinator you will be required to:
- To ensure all customers receive full, accurate & on time orders
- Forecasts and schedules the correct volumes of materials, for goods and products inbound to the business from its supply chain companies.
- Support and suggest the effective management of inward and outward flow of inventory
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of fit & assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedules
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Continually monitor and review plans and make appropriate adjustments in the event of changes or unforeseen circumstances
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Utilise any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organisation
- Day-to-day order management, management of deliveries, production plans review
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production.
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing team
- Maintain SDS system and ensure suppliers respond in timely manner.
- Prepare the monthly SOP (Sales & Operations Planning), to obtain a levelling of volumes and to optimise the resources (men, machines, materials and the capacity readiness of suppliers)
- Implement and drive the weekly MPS (Master Production Scheduling) to ensure a levelled production plan and protect production lines from customer’s demand variations
- Responsible for maintaining correct parameters in the system for all parts
- Leading and managing the team in the absence of the PC&L Manager
The Material & Planning Coordinator should have the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience of material and production planning in the automotive or manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Understanding of supplier relationships and some experience of working with suppliers
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
- Proven experience in planning and material control in SAP
- Supervisory experience of managing multi-skilled team
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good understanding of SAP to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Heckmondwike-based Automotive company will offer you a competitive salary.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Material & Planning Coordinator role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.